10.5.15 Exec

  1. Call to Order
  2. Attendance
  • Reports
    1. Executive Board
      1. Vice President – Maelin Harris
        1. Applications were due yesterday; 16 applicants total (yay!)
          1. all on anonymous googledoc
          2. another person coming tonight for an interview
        2. meeting this week with committee to review applications
        3. everyone has to comment 1 thing they like & 1 thing that concerns them
        4. spring induction calendar update
      2. Executive Administrator – Susan Gleaves
        1. Attendance & hours need to be approved eing approved so members can check them
        2. Checks for Matt
  • Recognition Chair – Shreya Shah
    1. Oct 12th is bosses day so make Thank You cards for CDs with Hershey kisses
    2. Remind Matt to get Community Governors to sign the cards at BOG
    3. will hand out cards before friday
    4. currently talking to vendors for banquet food
  1. OTM/Conference Chair – Madison Alexander
    1. Went to BOG and gave OTM drive presentation
      1. Made handout to accompany presentation for CDs and governors
      2. available to give presentation to Cogos but no governor has reached out yet
      3. Must tell people to work on quality please; have sufficient words, specific, creative, inspirational, etc
    2. OTM drive starts on today with RHA and ends Nov 5th; submit OTMs to help your Cogo win points
    3. Competition works by residence hall staff & cogo population numbers; have all occupancy info except for Hojo & Parker
    4. will email campus winners and nominees
    5. 1st time dividing up OTMs for committee and showing them the ropes
  2. Service Chair – Travis Broadhurst
    1. Approved service hours
    2. Football games; this Saturday we need people; PLEASE sign up 3 people; 5 pm
    3. Sends out service opportunities so sign up
    4. Next Saturday is another football game; trunk or treat (buy candy and sit in trunk of Travis’s van
  3. President – Matt Renn
    1. Did paper copy of fishbowl reservation request; we shall see if we get it
    2. will try the 19th if 18th doesn’t work out
    3. Has occupancy #s for Parker and Hojo to save the day; HJ has 20, parker has 11 for now but wants 18
    4. housing panel outreach to every dept remotely related to student affairs but no responses 😦
    5. finally approved by union for affiliation; they waited until 5pm that day
    6. will pay by card online before SAACURH since that check is gone and automatically voided
    7. Remind members that there will be Careerolina Resume workshop
    8. See if SAFO can pull up the check cut for cords
    9. We need to order stuff from NSRO (cords, pins, certificates) since we have nothing
  4. Advisors
    1. Krista Prince, Coordinator for Leadership Development
    2. Angie Matos, Hinton James Community Director
      1. Matt: reach out to union, diversity, terry, leadership development, etc for some non-housing people for our panel
  • Adjournment

10.12.15 GBM

  1. Call to Order
  2. Attendance
  • Reports
    1. Executive Board
      1. Vice President – Maelin Harris
        1. 16 applicants wooo!
      2. Executive Administrator – Susan Gleaves
        1. Attendance & hours being approved so members can check them
  • Recognition Chair – Shreya Shah
    1. CD on call survival kit
    2. Facilities banquet next month
  1. OTM/Conference Chair – Madison Alexander
    1. OTMs due on 5th so sent campus winners to next level
    2. Work on quality please; have sufficient words, specific, creative, inspirational, etc
    3. OTM drive started on 5th with RHA; submit OTMs to help your Cogo win points
  2. Service Chair – Travis Broadhurst
    1. Approved service hours
    2. Football games; this Saturday we need people; PLEASE sign up 3 people; 5 pm
    3. Sends out service opportunities so sign up
    4. Next Saturday is another football game; trunk or treat (buy candy and sit in trunk of Travis’s van
  3. President – Matt Renn
    1. Work out RHA partnership with Taylor
    2. Working with Shreya
  4. Advisors
    1. Krista Prince, Coordinator for Leadership Development
    2. Angie Matos, Hinton James Community Director
  5. Liaisons:
    1. Residence Hall Association
    2. NC Association of Residence Halls 2016 Conference
  6. New Business:
    1. Resume workshop with University Career Services
    2. Committee Breakout
  7. Recognition
  8. Announcements
    1. Next GBM – October 26, Union 3209
    2. Remember to log your hours/OTMs!
  • Adjournment

9.14.15 GBM Minutes

I. Call to Order
II. Attendance
III. Reports
a. Executive Board
i. Vice President – Maelin Harris
ii. Executive Administrator – Susan Gleaves
1. Worked on website, now there are menus!
2. New google sheet to track attendance and hours
iii. Recognition Chair – Shreya Shah
1. Bought all the Fanta for “Fanta”-stic Housekeeping Appreciation week
iv. OTM/Conference Chair – Madison Alexander
1. Working on OTM drive
v. Service Chair – Travis Broadhurst
1. Football games- need 3 volunteers per home game; gets us $120 per game to do our stuff so sign up & get service hours
2. You get 6 service hours for doing 2; wear khakis & white top
3. We can work basketball & swimming too; 2 & 1 people each respectively
4. Work with the Jackson center; walking distance; will send link to sign up, but painting houses
5. Plans for nourish, red cross, artheels, etc etc CHECK ZE CALENDAR
vi. Fundraising Chair – vacant
vii. President – Matt Renn
b. Advisors
i. Krista Prince, Coordinator for Leadership Development
ii. Angie Matos, Hinton James Community Director
1. Feel free to contact if you want anything emailed out to all NRHH members
• Taylor RHA rep
a. over a 1000 in attendance for silent disco
b. working with madison

IV. New Business:
a. Teambuilders!
b. Overview of Committees
c. Get Connected!
i. Member Questionnaire
ii. Follow us on Twitter: @nrhh_unc
iii. Join the “NRHH UNC” Facebook group
V. Next GBM – September 14, Union 3209
a. Teach For America workshop
b. Breakout meeting with your Committee Chair
VI. Recognition
a. Defy Gravity – Week of September 28th
VII. Announcements
VIII. Adjournment

9.7.15 Exec Minutes

  1. Call to Order
  2. Attendance
  • Reports
    1. Executive Board
      1. Vice President – Maelin Harris
      2. Executive Administrator – Susan Gleaves
        1. Ask Saumya about RHA $500 allocation
        2. We need to reorganize all our documents: budget, membership list, hours, etc.
  • Recognition Chair – Shreya Shah
    1. We need cords
    2. “Fanta”-stic Housekeeping Recognition event for next week; talk to CDs so they know why we’re dropping off sodas
  1. OTM/Conference Chair – Madison Alexander
    1. Tell more RAs about conferences and get them involved!
    2. Maybe improve the info we give Krista to share on RA training days
    3. 12 OTMs already submitted (thanks Taylor)
  2. Service Chair – Travis Broadhurst
  3. Fundraising Chair – vacant
  • President – Matt Renn
    1. Sent SACURH application out
    2. Talked to hazel; is excited to help out; something the GBM after defy gravity to talk about how he got involved in housing
    3. NCARH affiliation complete; NACURH is partially done; nominated hiren, sean, and a loved but forgotten 3rd person
    4. BCC-ing our adviser Krista in emails is swell
    5. Improve NRHH-NCARH partnership = lots of service hour possibilities
  1. Advisors
    1. Krista Prince, Coordinator for Leadership Development
    2. Angie Matos, Hinton James Community Director
  2. New Business:
    1. Fundraising Committee
      1. Neil interested in fundraising committee, however, there are concerns about his time commitment since he is already very involved on campus
        1. Suzy will absorb fundraising as last resort
  1. Next GBM – September 14, Union 3209
    1. Teach For America workshop
    2. Breakout meeting with your Committee Chair
  2. Recognition
    1. Defy Gravity – Week of September 28th
      1. price is $2 or 1 Sept OTM
  • Announcements
    1. EBoard is expected at every meeting except in case of emergency
    2. COMMUNICATION EXPECTATIONS!!! Groupme and email expected to have a 24 hr response time; call or text if a dire need
    3. If you read an email in the NRHH Gmail that doesn’t pertain to you, then mark as unread and tag that person on groupme/like a post if person already notified
  • Adjournment

8.24.15 Exec Minutes

  1. Dinner!

  2. Call to Order

  3. Attendance

Advisors absent, service chair tardy

  1. Reports

    1. Executive Board

      1. Vice President – Maelin Harris

        1. Wants largest number of applicants yet and to be competitive

      2. Executive Administrator – Susan Gleaves

        1. Worked on site this summer

        2. need bio from madison

        3. Will add menus to site

        4. Will have ledger for next exec meeting

      3. Recognition Chair – Shreya Shah

        1. Has dates for all projects

        2. 2 housekeeping banquets; looking into catering options like noodles

        3. More recognition for the under appreciated

        4. We need a printer!!

      4. OTM/Conference Chair – Madison Alexander

        1. Reading otms & submitting to Shreya

        2. 2 otm drives this year!

        3. CDs informed RAs of otms

        4. Wants to get otms to be requirement for RAs

        5. OTMmies award show at end of yr

      5. Service Chair – Travis Broadhurst

        1. Reaching out to student orgs to collaborate

        2. Next is outreach to community groups

        3. Musical empowerment

        4. Best buddies- fun trips with disabled children

        5. Same but for elderly^

        6. Terracycle for fundraising; green games Pts

        7. Volunteer at games for funding as well

        8. Leftover food from restaurants for homeless shelter

      1. Fundraising Chair – vacant

      2. President – Matt Renn

        1. Fallfest: first year being there, woo! We need a listserv and sign up sheet next year; perhaps business cards or stickers too; be in student gov section next year

    1. Advisors

      1. Krista Prince, Coordinator for Leadership Development

      2. Angie Matos, Hinton James Community Director

  1. New Business:

    1. Expectations

      1. Shreya:

    2. Goals

    3. Leadership opportunities

      1. TFA

        1. 2nd gbm

      2. True Colors, Strengths Quest

      3. Group OneAct/Haven/SafeZone/Embody Training?

        1. Group trainings, use a gbm

        2. Ignite 5 step program on wed 1-3; explore leadership theory within the context of your experiences

        3. Leadershape advertise

      4. Careerolina: resume workshop? Interview tips?

      5. Amy/Stacy: careers in Housing?

        1. Allan & rick

        2. Testimonials on path to housing

      6. CAPS workshop

        1. Get help from megan

Vii. Linked in workshop!

    1. Filling the vacant Fundraising Chair

    2. Removing the Outreach committee

    3. Usage of Parliamentary Procedure in GBMs

      1. Just reports, motions, adjourn, etc

      2. Train them in gbm

      3. Placards for exec?

    4. Membership Training

      1. New-member retreat

        1. Before induction some sat/sun to discuss opportunities, Conferences, constitution, errthang

      2. Member retreat/bonding

        1. Defy gravity bonding; we potentially offset cost

        2. Bowling is another option

        3. Bonding in lieu of 3rd gbm so get it together! Maybe reserve housing van or figure out rides

    5. Partnership with RHA

      1. Nrhh rep

        1. 2 BOG per month

        2. Ex-officio member of recognition committee

        3. Presentation at end of year

      2. Dealing with excused absences 3 thus far

  1. General Body Meeting – August 31, Union 3503

    1. Overview of the year

    2. Committee announcements: figure out expectations, commitment, requirements

    3. Team builder animal game

      1. Breakout session?

    4. Next GBM: TFA Workshop

  2. Recognition

  3. Announcements

    1. Fall calendar events due 9/6!

    2. Spring calendar events due October 1st!

  4. Adjournment